Key Documents For Schools Governors
DfE links to:
- Governance handbook
- Competency framework for governance
- Competency framework for clerking
The Governance handbook explains:
- governing boards’ roles and functions
- their legal duties
- where they can find support
- the main features of effective governance
The Competency framework for governance sets out the knowledge, skills and behaviours that school and academy governing boards need to be effective.
The Competency framework for clerking sets out the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to provide professional clerking to school and academy governing boards.
Short cut link to:
The Statutory policies for schools and academies which outlines the policies and other documents school governing boards are legally required to have.
Keeping children safe in Education
Coronavirus (COVID-19): safeguarding in schools, colleges and other providers