BCP Governance Support and Advisory Service
Governance Support is part of the School Improvement Service. This service aims to support school governors to properly discharge their statutory responsibilities. Our team is committed to providing expert support, advice, guidance and training to governors and governing boards of schools, colleges and academy trusts and to ensure strong and effective governance.
Browse our comprehensive bank of policies, documents and guidance linked to national regulations. Everything you need in one space.
Would you like to make a real difference to young people’s lives? Being a school governor or trustee is a challenging and hugely rewarding role. Find out more about the role in this section:
- Who can apply – how your skills and expertise can support this role
- Governor roles and responsibilities – what governing bodies and school leaders expect from each other
- How to apply – what steps do you need to take to become a governor
- Meet the team – read what BCP governors have to say about their roles
Training and support for governors.
- CPD and webinars – join our supportive training and on-line learning
- Understanding the role – download our free resources and glossaries
Get in touch. Feel free to feedback your ideas and help us to ensure you receive the most useful and relevant information.